Answers to the Quiz on Reconstruction
Digital History ID 3761
1. Slavery was abolished in the United States by
c. the 13th Amendment to the Constitution
2. The Freedman’s Bureau was established to:
b. provide former slaves with food, clothing, and education
3. After the Civil War, most African Americans
c. became sharecroppers, renting land in exchange for a share of their crop
4. Which of the following was NOT a part of the Republican Congress’ program for Reconstruction?
a. The confiscation of the land of large planters
5. The Black Codes
a. prevented former slaves from owning or renting land
6. Which of the following did NOT contribute to the end of Reconstruction?
c. Public outrage over the impeachment of Andrew Johnson
Copyright 2021 Digital History