Answers to the Quiz on the New Nation
Digital History ID 3745
1. When George Washington became president in 1790, the population of the United States was approximately:
c. 4 million
2. How many cities in the United States had more than 25,000 people in 1790?
3. How many mechanized mills or factories existed in the United States in 1790?
4. Which of the following statements about the U.S. Constitution is TRUE?
e. None of the above
5. Which of the following proposals by Alexander Hamilton was NOT approved by Congress?
c. That the United States aid its infant industries by imposing a high tariff on imported goods and fund internal improvements in transportation
6. The United States established its national capital in Washington, D.C. because
c. of a compromise between Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson and James Madison that gained Southern support for Hamilton's plan to pay off Revolutionary war debts
Copyright 2021 Digital History