Answers to Quiz 2 on the Constitution
Digital History ID 3743
1. In 1787, the founding fathers opened a convention in Philadelphia to write a constitution for the following purpose:
b. To create a federal government and define its powers
2. The Bill of Rights is
c. The first 10 amendments to the Constitution
3. Constitutional amendments take effect only after they have been ratified by:
a. three-fourths of the states.
4. How many amendments to the constitution have been ratified
5. The Constitution may be suspended by the president in time of national emergency.
6. Under the Constitution, as interpreted by the Supreme Court, a person accused of a crime must be provided with a lawyer if he or she cannot pay for one.
7. The Constitution does not guarantee trial by jury.
8. Only a person born in the United States may be elected president?
9. The presidential candidate who gets the most votes in a popular election automatically becomes president.
10. The constitution prevents a community from imposing religious requirements as a qualification for running for public office.
Copyright 2021 Digital History