Digital History ID 3786
1. On September 11, 2001, terrorists attacked all but one of the following buildings. Select the EXCEPTION.
a. The Pentagon b. The U.S. Capitol c. The World Trade Center
2. How many airliners were hijacked on September 11, 2001?
a. three b. four c. five
3. The mastermind behind the terrorist attack was
a. Timothy McVeigh b. Saddam Hussein c. Osama Bin Laden
4. The terrorist network behind the attack is known as
a. Al Quaeda b. the NLF c. the KGB
5. The United States responded to the terrorist strikes by attacking the Taliban government, which harbored the terrorists, in:
a. Afghanistan b. Iraq c. Yemen
6. Several weeks after the September 11th terrorist strike, the United States suffered a number of deaths produced by
a. smallpox b. sarin gas c. anthrax