Digital History ID 3779
1. What was the new tactic that civil rights activists adopted in the early 1960s to end segregation?
b. non-violent direct action
2. Which was NOT a major achievement of the Civil Rights movement during the 1960s?
a. The desegregation of the armed forces
3. Which of the following was NOT an achievement of Lyndon Johnson’s Great Society program?
e. The Peace Corps, sending Americans to work on projects for economic and social betterment in underdeveloped countries
4. The women’s movement was able to achieve all but one of the following goals. Select the EXCEPTION.
b. Ratification of an Equal Rights Amendment to the Constitution prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sex.
5. Cesar Chavez succeeded in
b. organizing migratory farm workers